Contributors

Search This Blog

Farmer's Market 2015, Trip #7

Thursday, August 7

I went to the indoor farmer's market near work again this week, but I bought my vegetables from a different stand. I had never seen that lighter colored squash before and when I asked about it the woman told me it's called mediterranean squash and that supposedly it tastes even better than zucchini. Well, of course I had to get one and test that theory out for myself. I'll let you know what I think once I try it! Other than that, nothing else new this week; I've been on a carrot kick ever since Shawn picked some up the day his mom came to visit. They add a nice burst of color and crunch to our pasta and rice dishes. The other day I made a bechamel sauce and added some carrots, peas, ground turkey, and served it all with fusilli pasta for dinner... mmmmmm. Simple is best most of the time.


This week I bought: zucchini, mediterranean squash, heirloom tomatoes, potatoes, an onion, carrots, and (not pictured) pepper and onion sausage, and breakfast sausage.

2 comments:

Sarah August 8, 2014 at 9:21 PM  

I've never heard of that type of squash, how neat!

Marine August 9, 2014 at 8:20 AM  

Me neither! I had some of it last night, and while I can't say that it tasted any different from regular zucchini, it was certainly a pretty color in contrast to the orange and yellow peppers we cooked it with!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger Template - Simple n' Sweet