Contributors

Search This Blog

Farmer's Market 2014, Trip #8

Thursday, August 14

This week I went back to the outdoor farmer's market because I wanted to pick up a pretty bouquet of flowers. To my surprise, I was also able to get some donut peaches. I love donut peaches! They're amazingly sweet and juicy and... amazing! The girl running the stand also gave me a yellow/green one for free; it's a different type of donut peach and I can't wait to try it. Other than that, I stuck with the usuals. Shawn said we're eating a lot of squash lately but that's what's in season so I'm getting it while I can! I intend to use that large one for zucchini bread :)


This week I bought: pretty flowers (that Lloyd was really keen on sniffing!), some squash, a sweet onion, red potatoes, and donut peaches.



6 comments:

Annie Montgomery August 15, 2014 at 4:17 PM  

YUM! successful market trips are the best.

Sarah August 15, 2014 at 7:27 PM  

Donut peaches?! I've never heard of them but they sound wonderful! Ahh I am obsessed with squash, some zucchini bread sounds really good right now.

Marine August 18, 2014 at 7:43 AM  

They really are! They lead to happiness all week long :)

Marine August 18, 2014 at 7:43 AM  

They're so good! Just sweeter and juicier than regular peaches, and they're the perfect amount of peach! I really gotta get on that zucchini bread...

Erin August 20, 2014 at 9:06 AM  

Donut peaches!! Why are they so much more delicious than regular peaches? How is it possible? I adore them and have only seen them a handful of times this summer! I need to go scouting. xo

Marine August 23, 2014 at 10:29 AM  

I don't know!!! They really are so much more delicious. I've seen a lot of them this year. I didn't see any last year!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger Template - Simple n' Sweet