Contributors

Search This Blog

Week in Photos: Week 40

Sunday, October 5


It's easier to catch the sunrise now that it rises at 7am.



Don't judge us for letting the cats take the couch... at least there are head scritches in exchange.



Shawn unintentionally grew a mushroom!



The answer to "What should I make for dinner on Tuesday?" is always tacos.



Sleepy-faced Lloyd.







Business is slowly picking back up at work; the lull gives me time to work on 'fancier' pastry projects. (Apple almond tarts, confetti bread pudding squares, chocolate dipped raspberry cupcakes, spiced pumpkin cream cheese scones, key lime meringue tarts)



I've been taking a much more scenic route to work these past two weeks.



The family that spies together....



...catches the squirrel munching away on something!



Happy cat.



I made myself a very autumn bouquet; I love it!



Went pumpkin picking with a friend on a farm reminiscent of the one from The Walking Dead... more photos soon!


This week was all about appreciating nature during this cross-over to fall that's occurring right before our eyes. I love watching the leaves change color and cover the ground like confetti. There's a chill in the air in the mornings now and I don't mind it at all. (Though I should really think about pulling my warmer coats and scarves out of storage!) Things at work are slowly but steadily starting to pick back up; once the holidays come around I won't have much free time, so I'm relishing it while I can. I spent this week making tarts and pumpkin-y, pecan-y things. Personally, I'm not a fan of pumpkin-flavored things and I don't understand why everyone around me gets so excited about the damn things, but alas, I am a baker and I must give the people what they want. So lots of pumpkin is in the air pantry! A friend and I also went pumpkin picking this afternoon (now that I can get behind...) and it was the perfect day for it. I took a bunch of photos that I can't wait to share with you!

I hope you had an amazing week and that you made the most of your weekend!

4 comments:

jami,  October 5, 2014 at 8:22 PM  

good stuff marine - awesome pastry chef/baker, stylish, lovely, funny friend:)

Sarah October 6, 2014 at 1:29 PM  

I've totally grown some unintentional mushrooms before! Looks like you had a nice week, and as always, the pictures of your treats leave my mouth watering!

Marine October 8, 2014 at 7:01 AM  

Taco tuesdays seems to be a popular thing, I've learned. And why not?! It's a great idea! We've been using turkey instead of beef for a bit now too... it's great for tacos because it gives the turkey some flavor!
I work for a tea shoppe in Wayne, if you feel like taking the train all the way out there. Otherwise, I'm happy to make you whatever you would want and hand deliver, since you live in the city! I've made some good friends that way :-) I promise my prices aren't ridiculous. Email me! marinebakes @ gmail.com

Marine October 8, 2014 at 7:02 AM  

Shawn hates seeing the mushrooms near his precious plants, but I think they're so cool looking!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger Template - Simple n' Sweet