Contributors

Search This Blog

La Colombe in Fishtown

Wednesday, October 29


Last week I went to visit my friend Rory at the brand new cafe where he works, La Colombe in the Fishtown neighborhood of Philadelphia. It was a bit of trip to get there from the suburbs - I had to take the train and the subway, and though I've taken the train plenty of times, it was my first time riding the subway in Philly. The ride out there took a about an hour but I made it there without any trouble! Actually, I quite enjoyed riding the subway, and now that I know how easy it is to get to Fishtown, I intend to make more trips out that way!

Anyways, on to the cafe. La Colombe is a household name in Philadelphia, their coffee is served in a ton of restaurants all across the city (and not just Philly, they're in New York, Chicago, and D.C. too). They have three cafes in Philly but the Fishtown location is their most recent one. It's built in an old warehouse, and they kept the rustic aesthetic throughout the cafe. This particular location also serves food (it's a small but very well done menu, and they have a wood-burning stove!), beers, and rum distilled on site! Rory gave me a tour of the whole place and then we sat down for some food and drinks. I didn't get to try any of the rum (or coffee, for that matter - I can only have decaf!), but I had a beer from a local brewery and I tried some of the onion soup toast. And a chocolate chip cookie, of course. Delicious!

Now it's your turn to take a tour!






















I loved all the little touches - the blackboard menus with intricate drawings, the little tags for the pastries, and the combination of wood and brick everywhere. They had these cool little rocking chairs too that I somehow didn't take a photo of. The whole place oozes comfort and warmth, oddly enough, considering how open and airy it actually is. It was a chilly, rainy day when I went, so perhaps that had something to do with it.

If you find yourself in Philadelphia, check this place out! And say hi to Rory! Who I also failed to take a photo of. Oh well.

6 comments:

Jacques Leisy,  October 29, 2014 at 8:54 AM  

Next time I am in Philly I will definitely check this place out ...

Marine October 29, 2014 at 3:27 PM  

So long as you bring home some rum for mom! ;)

Sylvaine Leisy,  October 30, 2014 at 12:31 PM  

I want to go there!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger Template - Simple n' Sweet