Contributors

Search This Blog

Week in Photos: Week 11

Sunday, March 16

On Friday I mentioned that I hadn't had any days off this week... but let me elaborate. I actually had Monday and Thursday off from Anthropologie, but I spent those two days working somewhere else. For the past few weeks I've been looking for other part-time jobs to help supplement my income. I had recently applied for a baker position I found through craigslist, and after the initial interview, they had me come in and 'trail' for a few hours both those days. (A trail is pretty much a trial working period - most kitchens won't hire you without seeing how you work and fit in there first, for obvious reasons.) I felt really good about my chances after my two days in their kitchen.... and on Friday they called me to offer me the job!

So the good news is that I accepted, of course, and I am going to be the full-time baker for a British tea house in the Philadelphia suburbs! I'll be making a ton of scones, petit fours, small desserts, and a few savory dough-wrapped items as well. The staff is small, there will be four of us in the kitchen total and I'll be the sole baker. The even better news is that my work-hours are primarily going to be Monday through Friday, 9am-5pm.... I've been wanting a 9-5 job for years, I just didn't want it to be a desk job. I am so excited to be back in a professional kitchen, expanding and honing my skills. I can't wait to start! I'll miss my colleagues at Anthro, (and the discount!), but after a much needed 7-month break, I'm back to doing what makes me feel most at home.

And now, back to our regularly scheduled programming. Enjoy this week's photos of mostly Lloyd, since I didn't have time to do much other than drive to and from work this past week.




Started the week off with a big bowl of popcorn and some beer.






"Yes, come rub my invitingly fuzzy belly... so I can subsequently grab you with these paws of mine!"






I asked Lloyd to pose for a photo...






...and then I asked Shawn to do the same.






Oatmeal for breakfast is my latest habit- this one had strawberries, coconut, and brown sugar.






"I'm ready for my close-up!"






Every time I've approached Lloyd with a camera this week, this has happened. He gets all up in it.






Overlapping patterns in the ceiling; my attempt at an 'artsy shot'.






Does anyone think there's a market for cat boudoir photography?
(That link is not particularly work appropriate.)






Photo-bombed by Willy the killer whale.






My celebratory work-break-room lunch, post-good news. What? You don't celebrate with Wawa mashed potatoes?






I came home to a cat on the couch and a man on the floor. Lloyd clearly owns this place.






His latest stance is to stare out the window, half on the scratching post, half on the sill.




I hope your week was awesome! I'm looking forward to a day off tomorrow.

3 comments:

Dannielle @ Chic-a-DeeDee March 16, 2014 at 4:26 PM  

congrats on the job! awesome to do something you love with good hours. I love that picture of Lloyd's kitty butt.

Marine March 18, 2014 at 9:10 AM  

Thanks! Something tells me I will :)

Marine March 18, 2014 at 9:11 AM  

Thanks! It really is awesome!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger Template - Simple n' Sweet