Contributors

Search This Blog

Lloyd-skies, Burger-buns, Lloyd-er-er

Monday, August 12

It's beginning to get to the point where I don't know which photos of Lloyd I've already shared on here... I take some pretty much every day so there's certainly an abundance and I've lost track. But I don't think I'm offending anyone here by posting a ton of photos of the handsome little guy, so I suppose it doesn't really matter!

Lloyd-skies, Burger-buns, and Lloyd-er-er (like loiterer) are all names I've taken to calling him. Shawn insists that his full name is Donald Lloyd Burger III. He doesn't answer to any particular one, but they're all fun to say. Kaylah did such an awesome job of naming him that Shawn and I didn't have the heart to change it... but that doesn't mean we can't do variations on it! Besides, who really ever calls their pets by their 'given' names? Nicknames are so much fun to make up!












I love that last photo; it's from Shawn's instagram feed. Whenever we're hanging out on the couch, Lloyd runs over and settles in between us. He really is part of the family now! I love it :)

Lloyd went to the vet last week and aside from a parasite that has since been treated, he's a healthy young cat. He's been much more playful since his vet visit too, so I think the parasite was making him sluggish and sleepy. The vet estimated his age to be between 1.5 and 2 years old. Kaylah had been blogging about him for almost a year and a half so I think he's closer to 2 years old, judging by her initial photos of him. Also, I know a few of you were concerned about the scabs on his nose; he got into a fight before we got him and his nose took a beating, but it's almost completely healed now. He doesn't sit in the sun much anyway, he prefers the indirect sunlight.

PS. There's a video of him playing the bag game on my instagram. We put all of his toys inside the bag and then he runs into and around it for about ten minutes or so at a time. He gets all hyped up and then scares himself silly; it's adorable.

6 comments:

Jess August 13, 2013 at 12:05 AM  

I loved Kaylah's updates on this little fellow and I'm so glad to see he is settled into his new home! I love all the pictures :-)

Marine August 13, 2013 at 8:46 AM  

Oh, he's settled all right! He woke me up this morning by laying down on my stomach and kneading me like kittens do. Then he lay in bed until my boyfriend and I finally woke up :)

Heather August 13, 2013 at 10:19 AM  

I love seeing Lloyd... I've been following him for so long, it really is wonderful that you took him in. How could anyone have left him behind? ;_;

Marine August 13, 2013 at 10:56 AM  

I ask myself that every day! He's such an amazing little guy; I can't even fathom how anyone could do that. And yet, he is still so full of love for everyone and everything!

Diana August 13, 2013 at 1:50 PM  

What a sweetheart!!

xo
Diana
http://unusuallylovely.com

manda August 13, 2013 at 9:25 PM  

So happy he's found a fur-ever home!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger Template - Simple n' Sweet