Contributors

Search This Blog

Welcome, The Dainty Squid Readers!

Tuesday, August 6

If you've been directed over here from Kaylah's blog and you're visiting for the first time, let me just say Hello! My name is Marine and my boyfriend Shawn and I met Kaylah last weekend to take Lloyd in and give him a permanent home in Philadelphia. We're so excited to make him a part of our family; it has been an amazing experience so far! And since he has such a following, I am more than happy to give an update on his well-being and of course share lots of photos. So here's Lloyd as you've never seen him before... indoors!








When we first arrived, Kaylah had Lloyd on a leash! I knew such things existed but that was the first time I'd seen a cat on a leash in person. Lloyd walked around like a pro, curious of his surroundings but slightly frightened by all the new activity around him. Shawn comforted him with a little food and water - the little guy was thirsty! We all chatted and marveled at Lloyd for a bit and then went our separate ways. And he was such a good guy during the entire 3+ hour trip, despite already having traveled quite far before meeting us. He just napped in his carrier and stared at us through the holes, nary any complaints.

We have fallen completely in love with the little guy! Kaylah told me he was a lover, and she was right; there's really no better way to describe him. He loves to cuddle, flop, weave between our legs, and just be near us in general. He was a little hesitant to step out of the carrier at first, but Shawn coaxed him out with some more food. (That's the way to any stray's heart!) Then he spent the first day primarily in the kitchen, near the food. On the second day he started to explore the apartment a little more, and by his third day with us he had made himself at home. He's so silly! He'll spot us from across the room and then bolt over to where we are and demand attention; we've taken to calling this 'Lloyd bombing'. His favorite spots in the apartment are the bed, the rug in the kitchen, and the window ledge in the living room. When I wake up in the morning to go to work he doesn't leave my side, and after I leave he goes and lays in bed with Shawn. (Cue the collective 'Awwwww'...) It's so hard to leave for work now that he's here! We've only been in our apartment for a month but we knew what was missing as soon as we moved in. Shawn and I are so happy that Lloyd has been able to fill that role, and we're really happy that he seems happy too! Kaylah, thank you so so much for driving Lloyd halfway home. Here's to new beginnings.

Previous Lloyd-related posts:
Lloyd is here!
Lounging Lloyd

15 comments:

Unknown August 6, 2013 at 10:57 AM  

as a fellow cat lover, I'm so glad you adopted Lloyd! I loved seeing him over on Kaylah's blog, so look forward to more. I've also been having a look through your recipes :)

Dannielle | Chic-a-Dee

kittykerri August 6, 2013 at 12:12 PM  

Lloyd definitely looks just at home with your guys as he did with Kaylah. I'm so glad he's found his furever home. The photo with Lloyd in the paper bad is beyond adorable!

Elisse August 6, 2013 at 1:05 PM  

I'm so happy he found a home! He looks like an awesome cat, so cuddly and fuzzy. I can't stop ooh' and aahw'ing ;-)

cowbiscuits August 6, 2013 at 2:33 PM  

I'm so glad lloyd has a home and I'm so glad you will keep everybody updated he is such a cutie and i def need to see more of his lovely little face!! xx

Unknown August 6, 2013 at 3:37 PM  

Thank you for sharing about Lloyd! I came to your blog right away from Kaylah's to read about how he's doing xD

Monica August 6, 2013 at 4:39 PM  

It seems you got yourself a bunch of new followers! ;) Please, do keep us updated! And, as the others, I'm really happy to see that he found his forever home!

Cinda August 6, 2013 at 8:11 PM  

Thank you for sharing! Lloyd looks so happy to be in your home <3

Katie August 6, 2013 at 10:12 PM  

Yay! Looks and sounds like Lloyd is one lucky cat! Good on you for taking him into your home!

Anika August 7, 2013 at 2:21 AM  

He looks so happy!! You're so lovely for taking him in. :) I love this entire story.

TaNuja August 7, 2013 at 3:41 AM  

I did come here from Dainty Squid followup to look how my. cutie pie is doing :)
looking very comfy and lovable... :)


Cheers to you for being a new mom. :)


Love
From INDIA
----
Tanuja

The Braided Bandit August 7, 2013 at 6:36 PM  

That was so nice of you guys to adopt him, he looks like a pretty happy camper to be there! I am fostering a kitty right now and will be searching for his new adoptive parents too, so its so nice to see these happy endings :)

Zeitverschwender August 8, 2013 at 2:29 PM  

Wow! So great of you to adopt him! I wish you and him aaaall the best!

Marine August 8, 2013 at 8:10 PM  

Yay for happy endings! Good luck with your foster kitty :)

Marine August 8, 2013 at 8:11 PM  

He is incredibly cuddly, and so soft :) It's been almost two weeks and I'm still oohing and aawing!

Marine August 8, 2013 at 8:12 PM  

Let me know if you try any recipes out! I really need to get back to posting some; it's been too long.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger Template - Simple n' Sweet