Contributors

Search This Blog

Birthday Wish List

Wednesday, September 16

My birthday is coming up in about a month.... the past few years I've treated myself to one special gift from a list of things I've had my eye on all year. (It's the sweet part of being a self-proclaimed adult who can afford these kinds of things every once in a while.) Every year, my wish list seems to get smaller... or perhaps refined is the word I'm looking for. This year, I've had my eye on these three things:


glasses | purse | shoes

I shared the glasses in a Fun Finds Friday post a few months ago, after trying them on at a pop-up shop near me. I still love them. I always go back and forth about wearing glasses... I love the way they look on my face, but they're simply not practical for me to wear to work. Which leaves me wondering whether or not it's worth it to get a second pair....

That bag has been on my wish list for over a year, and although it's still more money than I would normally spend on a bag, it's a hefty discount from the original price. And it's the mother of all bags, so basically, I wouldn't need another bag for a long time. I'm not a purse girl; it's just not my accessory of choice. I currently have two bags that I cycle between depending on what I need them for - one big, one small. So when I buy a bag, I'm looking for one that can do a little bit of everything.

The shoes are the reason I'm posting this so early. The woman who makes them is in Barcelona, so if I get them I can have them shipped to my parents' house and then they'll arrive while I'm visiting them! They're super simple shoes, but they're exactly what I've been looking for in a black flat. I would pretty much have to pay the same amount for any of the ones I've seen in stores, but who knows where that money is really going? Supporting small businesses is where it's at, yo.

I want them all! But I can't decide. (#libraproblems) They're all in the same price range.... eep! What should I do? I'm already getting the best birthday gift ever by getting to visit Madrid and Barcelona! Everything else is just materialistic splurging. But that's good on occasion too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger Template - Simple n' Sweet