Contributors

Search This Blog

Project 365, 173-179

Tuesday, June 30

173/365: With all this extra morning time on my hands, I have the time and energy to try out new recipes. I made drunken zucchini noodles, and bought a new rug for the kitchen. And I wore a zebra print dress - what a day!




174/365: We sat and watched one of the best thunderstorms that has rolled through here in a long time. The sky after a storm is my absolute favorite type of sky - look at those clouds! I also spent the day cleaning and organizing things around the apartment... my jewelry hadn't been organized in years, so I finally got rid of some useless pieces and now have only the most lovely pieces to choose from.



175/365: Healthy breakfasts! What's your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? I love Trader Joe's greek yogurt with granola and fresh fruit. Or multigrain english muffins with jam and almond butter.


176/365: Oh hai, soap, you look so strange.


177/365: The sweetest little face. We have the boys eating 'diet' food because Lloyd is such a chubster. You should see how much belly hangs through that hole when he stretches out on the scratching post. (This is nothing.)


178/365: I came home from work to witness this scene. Impossible not to take a photo before waking them up.


179/365: Home improvement! My parents bought us some brand new knives that are too nice to just toss in a drawer, so I bought a knife strip and had Shawn put it up. I also bought a small shelf to go above our "coffee station"... we have limited counter space as it is!

Two weeks into the new job and I'm still trying to get used to the schedule (and probably will be for a few more weeks). I love it (the job, and the schedule!), but I've always had trouble prioritizing things and now that I have more productive time on my hands, I really need to work on actually being productive with that time. I am a procrastinator by nature, and it has always been tough getting out of that mindset. But I'm taking pride in small accomplishments (a clean apartment, new recipes, more time with the cats) because I should be proud of those things too, right? The blog has taken a bit of a back seat these past three weeks, but I'm not going to apologize for that. I'll be back to a somewhat regular posting schedule soon, hopefully. Let me get my head wrapped around these life-schedule changes first.

2 comments:

Sarah Albertson,  June 30, 2015 at 6:13 PM  

It looks like you had a super productive week! The sky looks amazing in that picture! My cats are chunkers too. I had to start feeding them canned food because it has less carbs than dry. But they haven't lost much weight yet!

Marine June 30, 2015 at 10:56 PM  

We've had them on Blue Buffalo weight control dry food for 8 or 9 months now... the packaging says it takes about 6 months to notice a difference, and that's pretty accurate! They both look better than they used to, and they were looking really good for a bit, but now Lloyd eats all of Sylvester's leftovers so he has put some weight back on. Not much we can do about that!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger Template - Simple n' Sweet