Contributors

Search This Blog

Philly Staycation Snippets

Wednesday, January 28


Pork sandwiches at DiNic's; sat next to two men who have been going there for over 25 years.


Walked around historic Philly; this time of year everything is pretty much closed though.


Got a drink (or two) at Mac's Tavern. (Any It's Always Sunny fans here?)


Had to take advantage of the huge mirror in the hotel room... especially on a good hair day.


Speaking of the hotel, the bath products were on point.



As was the breakfast of your choosing that is conveniently delivered to your room.


It's not always sunny in Philly... though this photo begs to differ.


Of course we had to stop at Tria Taproom, as anyone who knows me knows.


Picked up a few records while we were downtown. The Pure Moods one is a fluke; not what I was expecting.

And that was our short stay in Philadelphia! (Along with a museum stop, which you'll get to see photos of tomorrow.) Shawn hurt his knee before we left so we didn't do nearly as much walking as I had plotted out. And because I unknowingly booked our stay during restaurant week, a lot of places were consistently packed so we stuck to low-key restaurants instead to avoid the crowds. I also somehow picked a hotel that while being in the center of everything the city has to offer, wasn't actually in the center of anything I had bookmarked to see or eat at. Despite these things, we had fun being tourists for two days, but we were happy to get back to our apartment and finish out the rest of the weekend in familiar territory. I wouldn't mind doing another short trip like this in the summertime though, when the weather isn't unbearably cold... so perhaps there's another staycation in our future!

6 comments:

Dannielle @ Chicadeedee January 28, 2015 at 9:49 AM  

I'm obsessed with L'Occitane. Their almond shower oil and any hand creams are my favourites.

Erin January 28, 2015 at 9:59 AM  

Fun times! You two will definitely have to do another one in the summer (early summer, or late spring, because it's equally no-fun to wander around in the broiling heat!) and when it's not restaurant week. Tria Taproom is great though, isn't it? And you can't go wrong with Reading Terminal! xo

Sarah January 28, 2015 at 6:27 PM  

That looks like it was a fun little trip! I definitely want to visit Philly sometime. I watched the first few seasons of always sunny but then stopped for some reason, I need to get back to it, it's such a funny show!

Marine January 29, 2015 at 7:16 AM  

It took me a few episodes to really get into it; you can't let the fact that all the characters are total assholes get to you, since that's pretty much the premise of the whole show! And you should definitely visit Philly! It's a beautiful city!

Marine January 29, 2015 at 7:17 AM  

I definitely had that thought - no midsummer trips for us! I LOVE TRIA. My colleagues make fun of me because I stop into one of the locations every time I'm downtown, but why mess with a good thing?

Marine January 29, 2015 at 7:27 AM  

I'm familiar with their products, though I don't go out of my way to get any, so it was very nice to see that the hotel was providing something much nicer than the usual Bath and Body Works things you find in hotels.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger Template - Simple n' Sweet