Contributors

Search This Blog

Linvilla Orchards

Thursday, July 24

This past Sunday, Shawn and I went to Linvilla Orchards to pick our own fruit! I've picked pumpkins and christmas trees in the past, but never berries and peaches, so it was the first time for both of us. We had so much fun picking blueberries and peaches, and the fruits of our labor (ha!) taste so damn good. The only downside was that we weren't allowed to walk to any of the fields and we had to wait for a tractor to take us there, along with a ton of families with young kids... if I had known that, I would have picked a different orchard... part of the fun was supposed to be walking around from field to field! Oh well, we had a good time nonetheless. It also gave me a chance to play around with my new phone camera. Though apparently I didn't think to take any photos of the peach portion of the day. I think that's a common problem amongst bloggers; you're torn between wanting to document everything but also wanting to enjoy the experience. Well, on Sunday I definitely focused more on enjoying the experience!
















Does anyone know what types of bugs those are? The naughty ones and the larva-looking one... they're so neat looking!

2 comments:

Sarah July 27, 2014 at 9:34 AM  

I've never been to and orchard but it sounds like a lot of fun! Yikes! I've never seen bugs like that before!

Marine July 27, 2014 at 7:11 PM  

It is fun! It's nice to be able to pick your own produce at your leisure. And we figured out that the bugs in the first photo are both mydas flies - they look like wasps!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger Template - Simple n' Sweet