Contributors

Search This Blog

Piece of Cake Pie

Saturday, March 17

We ate/made a good amount of food last week. I have a few iPhone photos to share with you:



beef stew, chocolate pudding pie on pi day
spring colors, blackberry thumbprint cookies
multitude of muffins, fudge-licious brownies

The thumbprint cookies, muffins, and brownies were all made at work, just so you don't think we indulged overwhelmingly! Although I did make some peanut butter - chocolate chip - m&m cookies at home that aren't pictured...

And in honor of Pi Day (3.14), I made a chocolate pudding pie on Wednesday. I didn't want to make an apple pie because I prefer berry pies, personally... but it's not the season for berries, and I wasn't really feeling the heaviness of a custard pie. After a bit of searching I found a recipe for chocolate pudding pie over on Smitten Kitchen. Deb always has the best recipes!




To be honest, Shawn and I aren't the biggest fans of pie. He's a cake guy, and I'm a tart girl- I'll take a chocolate ganache tart or lemon tart over a slice of pie any day... but it was Pi Day! So I had to make some sort of pie, and what's better than chocolate pudding pie?! Especially topped with a generous amount of whipped cream... I don't hear anyone complaining. And there's still more than half of it left over... this is why I rarely make big desserts at home; we can't finish them between just the two of us. It is exceptionally light and delicious though!




Did you indulge in a slice of pie for Pi Day?


3 comments:

Kayla @ Freckles in April March 18, 2012 at 2:59 PM  

I LOVE Pi Day. My husband didn't grow up with it so he doesn't think it's nearly as cool as I do. But I definitely made pie (chocolate coconut) and we celebrated with some friends.

This post gave me a serious craving for sweets.

iveseensomethings March 18, 2012 at 8:11 PM  

I didn't know about Pi Day until I got to high school and the math team made a point to celebrate it; they'd design a new t-shirt for it each year!
And you've got me craving chocolate coconut pie now! That sounds amazing.

Rebecca from See Me Rwar March 18, 2012 at 11:29 PM  

Oh man all of those treats are making me hungry!

See Me Rwar

Post a Comment

  © Blogger Template - Simple n' Sweet