Contributors

Search This Blog

Churchill Quotes

Tuesday, March 13

Being the avid listener that I am, while waiting in line at Trader Joe's earlier today I overheard a snippet of conversation that the man in front of me told the cashier. Although I'm not quite sure what prompted the conversation, I heard him tell her that he knew a quote by Winston Churchill that he thought she'd appreciate.


Nancy Astor: "Sir, if you were my husband, I'd poison your tea."
Churchill: "If I were your husband, I'd drink it."



It reminded me that a few days prior I had a customer mention another quote by Churchill that was along the same lines.


Bessie Braddock: “Sir, you are drunk.”
Churchill: “Madam, you are ugly. In the morning, I shall be sober.”



Winston Churchill; what a guy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger Template - Simple n' Sweet