Contributors

Search This Blog

Chanticleer Garden

Wednesday, September 10

This past Sunday, my brother and his girlfriend came to visit. They got to see our new apartment and met Sylvester for the first time. We also spent a few hours wandering around Chanticleer Garden, which is located near where I work. What an amazing place! It's pretty much a smaller version of Longwood Gardens, which Shawn and I visited a few years ago. The three of us spent a little over three hours at Chanticleer and we barely made it through half of the gardens! They have over forty acres of land, split into fifteen different gardens/forests. We spent a lot of time in the first four gardens and then realized we had only an hour left before they closed, so we walked rather briskly through the rest of them. They have so many beautiful plants! They're open from April thru November, and a season pass is relatively cheap as long as you go more than three times during the season. I'm thinking about getting one for next year; they have cozy lawn chairs all over the place and I noticed a few people reading, chatting, playing cards, and even one man sleeping! I'd love to come sit in one of the gardens with a book for a few hours... I can't imagine a nicer way to spend a Saturday or Sunday off during the spring. I did get upwards of a dozen mosquito bites while we were there... but that's my own fault for not putting on bug spray!


It was an absolutely beautiful day for a garden excursion!








































(My brother said this was a banana spider... it was huge!!)









3 comments:

Camille Leisy,  September 10, 2014 at 9:31 PM  

I love the leafy with the spikes! Looks like a beautiful place.

Marine September 13, 2014 at 10:40 AM  

I would like to see it during different seasons... we came when most things were starting to wilt, I'd love to see it in full bloom! It's such a bigger place than their maps make it appear.

Marine September 13, 2014 at 10:41 AM  

You should have come! Kilian said he invited you but you said no.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger Template - Simple n' Sweet