Contributors

Search This Blog

O Tannenbaum

Tuesday, December 17

Last week we finally got a Christmas tree! Fourth time was the charm, I guess... the weather and time constraints thwarted our attempts the first three times, but on Thursday night after work we were finally able to get a tree. It's slightly Charlie-Brown-esque with its combination of long and short branches, but we love it! We just used the ornaments we bought last year - a combination of red and green globes and lots of birds. This year I added the monograms from Anthropologie; Lloyd started chewing on the L as I tried to explain to him that it wasn't a toy... at least I know he approves of it! The cardinal tree topper has been atop my family's trees for years, but my parents left it behind when they moved, so I claimed it for ours! It's looking a little worn down but it's pretty much a tradition at this point.














It finally feels like Christmas in the apartment! Shawn and I haven't really developed any of our own traditions yet, and this is only our second year getting a tree but I think that's something we want to keep doing from now on. My family always had a tree growing up, and we made a point of picking it out and decorating it together. And on Christmas day my dad always made breakfast for everyone while we opened gifts. Last year Shawn and I had everyone stop by the house on Christmas day to exchange gifts; this year I think we're going to take it easy and stay home for the day instead of venturing out to New Jersey. Also, Lloyd hasn't shown any interest in the tree whatsoever, so I guess that's good. I was hoping he'd take to sleeping underneath it but so far he's been staying away from it.

What are some of your holiday traditions?


P.S. Here's a peek at last year's tree.

2 comments:

Jennifer,  December 20, 2013 at 11:07 PM  

Your tree is beautiful! I bet it smells wonderful. Oh I was looking to see my favourite little guy under the tree and was a bit sad that he was not there. ;) Lucky you though. My daughter has to redecorate her tree each evening upon returning from work. Mo spends the day with the tree. After all, it is put there for his entertainment. ;)

Marine December 23, 2013 at 12:26 AM  

The tree smells glorious! I love that smell. And I was worried about leaving Lloyd alone with the tree but so far he's only tried to bite the branches and then walked away. I wish he would take more interest in it!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger Template - Simple n' Sweet