Contributors

Search This Blog

So, in other news....

Thursday, June 13

A few weeks ago I mentioned that we had some big news on the way... and no, it's not an engagement (ha!), and it's certainly not a baby! (Oh man, could you imagine? No thank you!) Nope, this news is really nothing new around these parts...


In case you're unfamiliar with US city skylines, that's a photo of Philadelphia. We're moving back to Philly! This is all very exciting indeed. We put a deposit down on an apartment last week, and now we can't wait to move in. The first week of July is our official move in 'date'. I'd say July 1st but I'm in someone's wedding on July 2nd so we're waiting until the following weekend to move. And as far as work goes, I'll be going back to the coffee shop I was working at when we lived there prior. Except that this time I'll be baking for two shops, and I'll be in charge of pretty much everything having to do with food. I'm really looking forward to being able to make my own schedule and come up with my own creations again, and of course seeing a lot of familiar faces is a perk too!

This past year has been an amazing learning experience, both at work and at home. I've learned some new tricks of the trade when it comes to baking, and it's been great working in an actual bakery that pumps out way more than I ever did when I worked at the coffee shop before. (Hey, a one-woman team can only do so much!) And as far as taking care of my parents' house goes, well, Shawn and I now have a much better idea of what we're looking for in a home, along with the amount of effort it takes to maintain everything. For now, we're happy to leave the maintenance to the people who are trained and paid to do it - so apartment living, here we come again! It was nice entertaining the idea of having a small yard or patio, but unfortunately places like that are still far out of our price range. We'll get there though- isn't that what your late 20s and early 30s are for? Saving up for the 'real' thing; the American dream? We can't even fathom where we might be ten years from now anyway, so in the mean time we'll just enjoy taking these little steps towards building our own dream.

Philadelphia, here we come (again).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger Template - Simple n' Sweet