Contributors

Search This Blog

Couch Cats

Thursday, January 12

Happy 2017! I spent the first two weeks of the new year reflecting on (to quote from one of my favorite books...) life, the universe, and everything. I have all sorts of fun posts buzzing around in my brain for over the next few weeks, but sometimes it's nice to take a step back and just be. So, while I take time to accurately put my thoughts to paper (er, screen), I thought it'd be nice to share a few cat photos in the meantime.

I bought an iPhone 7 at the end of last year, and holy shit - the camera is amazing! I thought the camera on my LG was great, and hesitated to upgrade, but I'm so glad I did. My favorite feature? The portrait setting. It's like having an SLR right at my fingertips. So of course, I've been taking photos of the cats any chance I get! You'd think from looking at these that they were all taken on the same day, but the reality is that these guys just really love our couch, and that's where they spend 80% of their time, so that's the backdrop for all of these.

Now you're probably thinking, why hasn't she shared photos of the new apartment yet? It's been six months! Well, the truth is, the living room has been ready to show off for a while... but our couch was free and is in not-so-great shape aesthetically, so I bought some fabric to reupholster it... in October. Yeah, did I mention I'm a big time procrastinator? Once I get some new cushions on there, I'll be happy to show it off (along with the rest of the room)! But in the meantime, you can just look at Lloyd and Sylvester ;)













(That last one makes me smile like a big goofball - I love when I catch them cuddling!)

Also, I've had a few people ask about how Lloyd is faring, and I realized I hadn't given an update in a while. He is doing great! Seriously great. He hasn't had any problems with his mouth or teeth since the surgery (knock on wood), and the way he chomps down on food, both wet and dry, you'd never know he only has seven teeth! The little dude is in a great mood all the time; still rockin' the silly poses, and wanting cuddles more than ever. I've said it before, and I will say it again, thank you all SO MUCH for helping us out last year. I don't know if Lloyd realizes how many fans he has in the world, but we are certainly beyond grateful for all the love that surrounds him.a

4 comments:

Jennifer Shaw January 13, 2017 at 1:08 PM  

Happy New Year Marine! Love these photos of the kitties! The cuddling photo made me say, "Awww" out loud. LOL I'm a sucker when my dogs cuddle together too. It doesn't happen too often because they don't really like each other much. It was the departed Gus who they both loved so much. :( All the best to you and Shawn for a wonderful 2017!

Marine January 13, 2017 at 1:45 PM  

Thanks, Jennifer! I think Sylvester still annoys Lloyd, but this past year they've been very tolerant of each other and actually interact on the regular. Sylvester tries to get close to Lloyd, but it's rarely the other way around ;) Happy new year!

Lostvestige January 13, 2017 at 9:53 PM  

Aw the boys are so cute! I love that pic of Sylvester all bundled up :) I'm glad to hear Lloyd is feeling a lot better!

Marine January 19, 2017 at 4:50 PM  

Hahaha I love that one too, but I don't think he loved it ;)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger Template - Simple n' Sweet