Contributors

Search This Blog

The Cat Life - Build-a-Box

Wednesday, November 5

It's no mystery that cats love boxes. It doesn't matter how large or small, we all know they will try to fit into whatever empty box becomes available to them. (At least it eases the stress of moving! For them.) So when I came across this video where Jackson Galaxy shows watchers 3 easy DIYs for cat owners, and I noticed his box-hammock, I couldn't help but think to myself, "I can do that! The boys would love it!!" So I brought home an empty box from work and made my own cat box-hammock while watching an episode of Revenge. (Any excuse to use my swiss army knife makes me so happy!) Then I set the box on the floor in the living room and waited... and waited... and waited.


A few days went by and neither of them showed any interest in the their new box. I was getting discouraged, and feeling ungrateful. Shawn moved it out from the middle of the floor and put it underneath one of our side tables. Still nothing. I started thinking to myself, "Oh god, I'm that person. That crazy cat lady that makes an elaborate box for her cats and then gets upset when they don't care about it. Because they're cats. And it's a box!!" But then one night, I was sitting on the couch and Shawn and I were talking about something when all of a sudden he stopped and said, "Honey! Get your camera ready!" Confused, I did as I was asked and then he motioned towards the side table. I quietly went over to take a look...



YES. Satisfaction. I knew they couldn't stay away!









Shawn said he has seen Sylvester in there since too, but I wasn't around for that. It doesn't surprise me though, considering Sylvester sits everywhere Lloyd sits. Hopefully the box-hammock will become part of their regular rotation! If not though, all that's wasted is a box and an old t-shirt.

4 comments:

Jacques Leisy,  November 5, 2014 at 4:15 PM  

You so definitely are "That Cat Lady"

Sarah November 5, 2014 at 8:17 PM  

Oh my gosh that is an awesome idea!! It almost seems like cats know when you want them to sit in something, and then they refuse to do it just to spite you.. I'm glad Lloyd finally gave in and sat in it though, he's so cute! I would be sad too if I made this for my cats and they ignored it. Haha.

Marine November 7, 2014 at 10:23 PM  

Well my love of cats developed from somewhere ;-)

Marine November 7, 2014 at 10:23 PM  

Make it! One of them has to like it!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger Template - Simple n' Sweet