Contributors

Search This Blog

Dress for Devon

Wednesday, May 28




dress: eShakti / scarf: Target / shoes: fair trade shop in Savannah, GA / bracelets: Loft

This week is the Devon Horse Show, which I've gathered is a big deal around here when it comes to horse competitions. Although I rode horses growing up, I've never followed the competitive end of it, so I don't know much about it. I was more interested in the country fair part of the event, so that's why a friend and I decided to check it out yesterday. The event was a lot smaller than I anticipated, but that's probably also because we went during the week - I'm sure it was much more crowded during the weekend and on Memorial Day. We didn't end up spending much time there because it didn't take as long to walk around as I anticipated. But hotdogs were buy one get one free, so we indulged in hot dogs and got to see the Budweiser Clydesdales, which were HUGE and beautiful. Seriously, you need a ladder just to mount them!

When I think of horse shows, I think of dresses and elaborate hats. Well, I don't own any elaborate hats but I do own a few dresses! This is one of my favorites, although I always seem to forget that until I put it on and don't want to take it off for the rest of the day. This year I seem to have gained an inch and a half in my bust, waist, and hips... (I'm blaming a change in birth control but others tell me it's my body preparing for childbirth... but let's not talk about that) and since I got this dress custom fit when I ordered it, I was afraid it wouldn't fit this year - but it does! Just as well as it did last year! Sadly, that's not the case for any of my shorts from the past few years... but let's not talk about that.

Also, you may have noticed that my hair is in a ponytail! The teeniest ponytail that ever was, with the help of many bobby pins... but a ponytail nonetheless! I actually had a larger ponytail before this weekend, but it was disguising a growing mullet, so I trimmed it. Now I'm closer to the bob-look I've been trying to achieve in the midst of growing out my pixie. Getting closer every day!



The perfect dress to twirl in.

2 comments:

Dannielle @ Chicadeedee May 29, 2014 at 7:15 AM  

I love the new blog look! and twirly dresses.

Marine May 29, 2014 at 8:06 AM  

Thanks! I'm still working out the kinks, or at least checking for them! And twirly dresses are the most fun.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger Template - Simple n' Sweet