Contributors

Search This Blog

Snapshots

Thursday, May 19






















Favorite things lately....
  • Last week I went for a hike with my Mom and my sister and it was amazing. Partly because of the company, and partly because I hadn't been out in nature in so long that I had forgotten how great it is!
  • A cat on a (not hot or tin) roof. Shawn and I witnessed our neighbor's cat sneak in and out of their window. At one point, he was so curious about people on the street that I thought he was going to fall off the roof! (Don't worry, he didn't.)
  • I did three bake shifts last week and although it was exhausting, the bread turned out awesome! Usually I'm just baking dough that someone else mixed, and then mixing dough that someone else bakes. I got to bake some of the dough that I mixed though and I was super proud of how it came out.
  • A friend got me back into coloring books lately; I've been trying to spend at least fifteen minutes coloring every morning. It makes me want to get new coloring books, but I really need to finish the three that I already have first.
  • Attended my first weekend of yoga teacher training, and I still don't have the right words to describe it. We're a small group - there are eight of us - but it's the perfect size. Everyone has a different story and perspective to bring to the table, and I really love it. The weekend was soul-filling; I worked more hours than I slept, but I didn't feel tired at all. The energy in that yoga studio is something I haven't felt in a long time. I am absolutely humbled by the first weekend, and I can't wait for the next one! That stack of books above is what I'll be reading over the next few months...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger Template - Simple n' Sweet