Contributors

Search This Blog

Etsy Algorithms & Thoughts

Thursday, April 28

I had an entirely different post planned for today, but then I went and had an incredibly satisfying lunch and when I sat down to write, the internet got the best of me. (Hey! I get distracted easily.) I was going to write a post about fitness, and ended up looking at fitness clothes instead. After entering the black hole that is the internet, I eventually found myself on Etsy, because I somehow always end up there. And while I was there, I noticed how double-sided their recommendations for me are. They border between free-spirit bohemian and vintage vixen, an interesting contradiction.

Perhaps this is not interesting to anyone else, but I found it to be incredibly thought-provoking. Their recommendations for me are almost always for clothes, and I love seeing how across the board I am when it comes to style. I find myself torn between embracing being a full on "hippie" and also having a distinct love for vintage silhouettes. Both looks are on entirely different ends of the style spectrum, but they can both be considered incredibly feminine. The bohemian look is all about embracing your wild woman self, and the freedom of the female body. On the other hand, the vintage silhouettes I admire embrace the beauty and curves of the female body in such a classy way.

I don't think I truly fit into either category. As much as I would love to have my dreadlocks again and rock loose fabrics in earthy tones 24/7, there's a part of me that also likes putting on a pretty dress, braiding my hair, and feeling put-together (whatever that means). I also think my curvy figure has something to do with my love of vintage silhouettes. I don't always feel beautiful in bohemian styles, because I feel like what visually makes me feel like a woman gets lost. It's a battle between looking good in the clothes you wear, and feeling good in the clothes you wear. I think very few of us fit into just one style category- the trick is finding how to incorporate all of the ones we're drawn to.

This post feels a little disjointed, but I hope I got my thoughts across. It's hard to find the right words sometimes, and I really suck at explaining things without going into far too much detail. Anyways, I just thought I'd share.


Clockwise, from top left: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

Feel free to check out my Etsy favorites if you want to take a peek at the silly things I have an affinity towards.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger Template - Simple n' Sweet