Contributors

Search This Blog

January Whimsey Box

Monday, March 11

For Christmas my parents got me a year-long subscription to Whimsey Box. My first box arrived at the end of January, but I didn't get around to doing anything with it until this weekend. (Yes, I know... the whole point of the whimsey box subscription was to inspire me to create on a more regular basis!)

The January box contained: four calendar pages with blank space above, a variety of small rubber stamp shapes, a wooden block on which to glue the shapes, an ink pad, and a hole puncher. I spent a few days thinking about what to do with everything and I came to the conclusion that I wanted to use more than stamps to decorate the calendar - I wanted to put some inspiring quotes in there as well. My original intentions were to hand write everything in different fonts... but my penmanship just isn't that good and my first attempt looked downright silly. So instead I chose different fonts for the quotes, printed them all out, then cut and pasted them onto the calendar pages (Now that I can do!). I then used some triangular stamps for a finishing touch.



Not bad for a project that sat around for over a month!

1 comments:

Alyssa,  September 16, 2013 at 12:42 PM  

I love love love the first one!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger Template - Simple n' Sweet