Contributors

Search This Blog

You Know We Love Squirrels, But....

Monday, June 4

Ever since moving back to New Jersey, the squirrels here have been more of a pain-in-the-butt than anything else. Do you see this mess?



That is half a bird feeder worth of bird seed, all over the dog house and deck. Apparently we should move that bird feeder to a spot that's not quite so easy to reach. Otherwise we get more squirrel visitors than we do birds!

It all started with one squirrel and a chipmunk. The chipmunk would scope out the deck and then call to his squirrel friend to let him know the coast was clear. This went on for about a week or so, then we noticed another squirrel join in on the action. No joke, two squirrels and a chipmunk were scheming together to steal bird seed! I mean, with the dog house positioned where it is (ahem, right under the bird feeder...) it's not the most difficult of tasks, but I will give credit where credit is due.

Here's the kicker though; this morning I went downstairs to feed the cats and when I looked out the window I noticed not one... not two... but seven squirrels crowded around the bird feeder! Yes, you read that correctly; I did indeed say 7 squirrels. Unfortunately, I failed to capture it in photographic form, so instead here's a photo of four squirrels munching away:



...Hopefully that makes up for the last few months worth of Squirrel Sunday posts I've missed!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger Template - Simple n' Sweet