Contributors

Search This Blog

Macaroni and Cheese, please!

Sunday, August 21

Grr. I'm such a bad blogger and I really do need to stop apologizing for my lack of posts. (I'm a busy little bee, what can I say!) What I should apologize for though is not keeping my promise to share an amazing mac n' cheese recipe with you! I shared pictures of it and then let two three weeks go by while you probably sat there drooling and clicking the refresh button in your browser... alright, I'll admit, I've made some much more drool-worthy things before (like these s'mores brownies) but I swear this mac n' cheese is worth it.

It's super duper easy to make, seriously. The hardest part is waiting!


Mac N' Cheese

adapted from Taylor Takes a Taste

Ingredients:
1-pound pasta of your choice
salt and pepper to your taste
2 1/2 cups sharp cheddar
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon mustard
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/3 cup sour cream
1 egg, beaten
1 small onion, chopped
1/2 cup milk
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon worcestire sauce

- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Cook the pasta according to the package, then combine it with 1 1/2 cups of cheese in a 9x9 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the other ingredients and whisk them until combined. Pour the mixture over the pasta, making sure everything is well-coated. Top everything off with another cup of cheese.
- Bake for 30 - 35 minutes, or until the top is golden. Let the macaroni and cheese sit for at least 10 minutes before serving it, so that it has time to set as it cools.
- Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger Template - Simple n' Sweet