Contributors

Search This Blog

How about a quick game of catch-up?

Wednesday, March 30

I know things have been a little quiet on the blog the past few weeks (save for Shawn's newly inspired bunny comics!) but we've both been keeping busy (...no, not just watching squirrels!). Lets break things down into a list, shall we? I love lists! Especially when they have yummy pictures thrown in too!

- Shawn started working again! He's working the deli counter at the popular local deli/restaurant about a half mile down the road. It's conveniently close to home and not to mention, the extra paycheck certainly helps.


Idle Hand Bars - original recipe from here, but I'll post my revisions soon.


- Despite Shawn going back to work, I didn't have much time to myself the last two weeks because I worked some extra shifts to make up for the couple of days I stayed home recovering from a cold. All work and no play makes Marine exhausted - hence, less time in the kitchen and on the internet, more time on the couch.


Homemade chicken caesar salad - yummy!


- I also never quite recovered from that cold... the new weather patterns brought that runny nose and dry throat right back around! Allergies were never a problem for me until about three years ago; now I'm affected each time the temperatures rise and drop dramatically. February - May are the worst on my sinuses.... not to mention September - October when the temperatures get fussy again. My nose can't take much more abuse!


Homemade pulled pork sandwiches on homemade whole wheat rolls. More about this soon!


- I've actually been working towards some of my goals for the year! I'm in the middle of reading Life of Pi (it was a slow start but now that I'm more than just a few pages in it's getting easier to sit down with at the end/beginning of the day - the two times my mind is at it's quietest). I've also stumbled upon a few patterns I'd like to try for my sewing goals... one purse pattern and a simple a-line skirt pattern; I just need to go buy some decent fabrics now to start the actual sewing process.


Whole wheat cheese straws, using Deb's recipe but substituting the flour.


- Here's a bit of a random question: do my fellow female-readers have any recommendations for skin-care products? I've been using products from Origins over the last few years but my skin tends to adapt and I need to switch it up again. Basically anything that will even out skin tone and also keep acne at bay (seriously, I'm almost 24 years old... why am I still plagued by acne?!). Any recommendations are appreciated!


- One final thing: Shawn and I recently discovered pauladeenridingthings.com, so I had a little fun with it the other day....




(See them in their full size glory over at our flickr)


Thanks for playing catch-up with me! Here's hoping April will be a little more eventful on the blog posting end of things. Get ready for some spring ingredients and more squirrel photos!

1 comments:

Elyse April 5, 2011 at 9:01 PM  

I've been going with just basic Oil of Olay lately...it's nice for my dry skin, and to keep blackheads/acne-type things at bay, I've gone with the Clearasil intensive jobber. I can't remember what it's actually called.

Sorry we missed you a couple weeks ago...Pitt left a pretty nasty taste in our mouth, so we kind of high-tailed it back to Jersey ASAP.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger Template - Simple n' Sweet